The title of my blog is a statement that was made by my daughter when she was playing a game against some of her friends. I was struck by it and told her that that was a fantastic attitude to have and that I was going to adopt it as my new tag line!
As I pondered on the statement made by my 7 year old, it made me think of my attitude towards my memory! Yes I am determined to use my story as a light and encouragement to others! It also made me think of famous people who had overcome a form of adversity - they never gave up:
- Thomas Edison: ‘Failed somewhere between 1,000 and 10,000” times YET he persisted and eventually invented the light bulb. His attitude was ‘’Ive found 10,000 ways that won’t work”!
- Albert Einstein couldn’t get a job in physics for 2 years after graduation. Worked as an assistant patent examiner, constantly passed over for promotion until he fully mastered machine technology. YET eventually his great intellectual achievements and originality have made the word Einstein synonymous with genius.
- Stephen King was rejected by 30 different publishers. YET King was encouraged by his wife not to give up, his books have now sold over 350 million copies as well as countless turned into films.
- Oprah Winfrey was born into poverty, raped at 9 and pregnant at 14. YET Winfrey in spite of her background became the richest African American of the 20th century (via the Oprah Winfrey show) and for a time the worlds most prominent, outspoken and sought after TV Host.
- Victor Frankl was imprisoned at several concentration camps by Nazis. His wife and family were killed. YET his book that he wrote of his experience ‘Mans Search for Meaning’ one of the top 10 most influential books in the United States
Reading up on the above role models has stirred me up. Any one of the people above could have quit and their lives would have been an acceptable reason. BUT they didn’t! So I refuse to quit! And you shouldn’t quit either! Ask yourself, are you a quitter or a winner? And who do you need to become to show up as your desired answer?
What is your excuse for not pressing and pushing forward conquering your excuses and experiencing the joy of Achievement?! My daughter’s statement has stirred me up! My story remains in progress!!! Henceforth!
#IChoose to persist and combat life’s challenges, so that I can experience the life and joy that is on the other side.
#IChoose to smile daily!